Best occupational therapist in bangalore
Occupational Therapy helps individuals cope with injuries, illnesses, and disabilities. Whether it is a young child or an older adult, this form of therapy teaches people of all ages how to adapt to their surroundings and perform various daily activities. It is a science-driven approach based on thorough evidentiary analysis and evaluation.
The main aim of Occupational Therapy is to help individuals who have physical, sensory, or cognitive problems regain independence in all areas of their lives as much as possible. Hence, occupational therapists help people learn positive behavior and social skills, develop motor skills, improve eye-hand coordination, and master basic life skills such as bathing, getting dressed, brushing teeth, and self-feeding. They also educate and work with the patient’s support system such as parents, caregivers, and teachers to help patients improve their daily activities.
Benefits of Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy is a process that involves helping people at all stages of life (from toddlers to the elderly) develop, maintain, and recover the skills they need for daily activities that are meaningful and necessary. The type of Occupational Therapy an individual needs varies greatly, and is dependent on their condition. For example, an elderly person with Parkinson’s Disease will receive different treatment when compared to a young child with Autism.
Occupational Therapy for Toddlers
In pediatrics, Occupational Therapy helps kids:
- Improve gross motor skills such as crawling, walking, jumping, and catching a ball
- Develop fine motor skills such as writing, grasping small objects, and fastening clothing
- Increase independence in activities of daily living such as feeding, dressing, and grooming, with increased independence and ease
- Address sensory processing difficulties such as a childs tolerance for different types of clothing, or trying new food textures by regulating decreased sensory seeking
- Enhance social and play skills such as functional play, taking turns, sharing, expressing emotions, understanding social cues, and other similar behavior
Occupational therapy for Adults
Occupational Therapy combines a variety of mental and physical exercises to help adults:
- Increase range of motion by strengthening their muscles and lowering pain in different parts of the body
- Improve vision without surgeries by conducting various brain and eye exercises
- Boost memory and hone cognitive skills through different mental exercises such as reading books and solving crossword puzzles
- Reduce chronic pain caused by a number of factors, such as traumatic injuries, improperly healed wounds, and nerve damage
Occupational Therapy for Elderly
Occupational Therapy helps aging patients:
- Overcome the struggles of everyday life such partaking in normal daily activities like walking, eating, and physical movement
- Prevent falls by teaching patients various balancing and muscle building exercises
- Rehabilitate their memory through various memory-enhancing activities such as puzzles, crossword puzzles, or matching games
- Cope with vision loss by conducting activities that help improve perceptual vision, pattern detection, and overall visual awareness
- Deal with big life transitions like retirement, widowhood, and relocation by educating them on healthy coping skills
Roles and Responsibilities of Occupational Therapists
Occupational therapists work with their patients by taking a therapeutic approach to everyday activities. They help patients develop, recover, improve their condition or injury, as well as maintain skills needed to execute daily activities.
Hence, the best Occupational therapist in Bangalore would usually conduct a wide range of duties and tasks related to patient care by:
- Evaluating their condition and needs
- Developing treatment plans to address their needs and help them meet specific goals
- Assessing their home and/or work environment and recommending adaptations
- Training them as well as their caregivers to use special equipment
- Assess and document progress for evaluation, billing, and reporting purposes
When do you need Occupational Therapy?
Occupational Therapy helps patients across all ages recuperate from physical or mental disorders, such as Cerebral Palsy, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Parkinsonism, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neuron Disease, Ataxia, Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI), Alzheimer’s, and Schizophrenia. It can also help kids with ADHD, juvenile arthritis, birth defects, or severe injuries and burns.
Why choose Plexus?
There are many Occupational Therapy clinics in India. However at Plexus, we are committed to provide the best Speech and Occupational Therapy in Bangalore to patients of all ages. Our highly trained team occupational therapists give patients the chance to independently perform various activities of daily living and work-related functions through:
- Psychosocial rehabilitation such as cognitive behavioral therapy, behavioral therapy, activity scheduling, and vocational rehabilitation
- Sensory integration therapy
- Balance and coordination training
- Hand functioning training
- Handwriting training
- Splinting and adaptive devices
- Daily activity training
- Work simulation
- Oral motor therapy
Which is why, when you choose Plexus for Occupational Therapy in Bangalore, you can expect swift diagnosis, a warm and friendly environment, and thorough treatment — all at an affordable price. What more is that it is one of the leading Occupational Therapy centres in Bangalore that has over 35 years of clinical experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Occupational Therapy expensive?
The cost of Occupational Therapy services depends on the patient’s diagnosis and the severity of their condition.
What is the difference between Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy?
Occupational Therapy focuses on improving your performance on important tasks, as well as in daily activities. Whereas Physiotherapy focuses on improving your flexibility and increasing your range of joint movements, and builds strength along with muscle endurance.
Which is better — Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy?
Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy are different fields with different forms of treatment approaches, that cater to different problems. Patients suffering from chronic conditions equally need both these services for holistic rehabilitation.
Does Occupational Therapy help ADHD?
Yes, Occupational Therapy is the most effective form of treatment for ADHD.
Can Occupational Therapy help children?
Yes, Occupational Therapy helps children with neurological and developmental conditions, at achieving developmental milestones and attaining age-appropriate development on all fronts — physical, cognitive, social, and emotional.
What are the qualifications of an Occupational Therapist at Plexus?
Occupational therapists at Plexus are specialized in different areas of rehabilitation — neuro-rehabilitation, developmental disabilities and childhood disorders, geriatric rehabilitation, hand and musculoskeletal rehabilitation, and mental health and psychosocial rehabilitation.
Does Occupational Therapy really work in Autism?
Yes, Occupational Therapy is the most effective form of intervention in children with Autism. A planned, goal-oriented Occupational Therapy program is promising and yields positive results in Autism.
Can Occupational Therapy help my child with Dysgraphia?
Yes, occupational therapists are specialized in training children with Dysgraphia who have unclear, irregular, or inconsistent handwriting that interferes with their schooling and academic performance.
Why would a two-year-old need Occupational Therapy?
If a two-year-old child is experiencing delayed development and is not achieving milestones — be it physical, cognitive, or socio-emotional — then they need Occupational therapy assessment.
Why do occupational therapists use assessments?
Occupational therapists use a number of standardized assessments to determine the exact functional status and problems of a patient, which helps in planning a specific, goal-oriented treatment plan for them.